Equipment Manufacturers International, Inc (EMI) is a designer and manufacturer of innovative foundry equipment. Our core capabilities are green sand molding systems, core making machines, and automation solutions. If you have an ability to learn and a desire for share your skills and experiences, we’re eager to have you discover a company that is focused on the quality of our equipment, smart and efficient designs, and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
See our list of current openings below.
For questions or resume submittal, contact:
Electrical and Control Engineer, Level 2
Responsibilities: The Electrical and Control Engineer will design new and modify existing machine control solutions including; electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and robotic platforms. Create electric, hydraulic, pneumatic schematics, panel layouts, and bills of material. Program and troubleshoot PLC, HMI, robot, and other automation controls. Participates in specification, drawing review, electrical build, factory run-off, and field commissioning. Works with customers to support machinery and installation needs. Work with entry level Electrical/Controls Technicians to facilitate accurate work product and timely response to project needs and customer support.
Minimum Requirements: Competent with Allen Bradley PLC and HMI architectures and components; Competency with RS Logix and operator interface design and programming. Familiarity with precision industrial automation machinery using hydraulic and pneumatic actuators. Proficient in creating electrical schematics and panel layouts with AutoCAD. Experience with electrical distribution, motor controls, variable frequency drives, servo controls, pneumatic and hydraulic circuits and control systems. Experience with Fanuc robot’s a plus. Capable of travel primarily throughout North America (travel could be 2 weeks in duration or longer)
Education and Experience Required: 5 year’s experience with industrial machine building, field service, and supervising small teams. Bachelor or Associates degree in related discipline, ie: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Controls Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent technical degree and experience. Electrical/Controls engineering experience with an equipment manufacturer a plus.
Start date is immediate. Location is based from EMI offices in Cleveland. No Relocation Allowed
Mechanical Engineer, Level 2
Responsibilities: Under general supervision, the Mechanical Engineer will design new and modify existing core & molding machines, supporting equipment, and optimize plant layouts. Create detail drawings for fabrication, work with vendors and EMI shop for creation of parts and sub-assemblies, create and manage bills of material. Participates in specification, drawing review, mechanical build, factory run-off, and field commissioning. Works with customers to support machinery and installation needs. Work with others in the Engineering Department to facilitate accurate work product and timely response to project needs and customer support.
Minimum Requirements: Familiarity with precision industrial automation machinery using hydraulic and pneumatic actuators. Proficient in creating fabrication and assembly drawings with AutoCAD and Solid Works. Experience with foundry equipment design a plus. Capable of travel primarily throughout North America.
Education and Experience Required: 5 year’s experience with industrial machine design and fabrication, field service, and supervising small teams. Bachelor degree in related discipline, ie: Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree and experience.
Start date is immediate. Location is based from EMI offices in Cleveland. No Relocation allowed
Machine Assembler & Technician
Responsibilities: Under general supervision, the Machine Assembler & Technician will work in a team setting to fabricate and assemble custom engineered foundry production equipment. Participate in metal fabrication processes, mechanical build per assembly drawings, hydraulic tubing and piping per hydraulic/pneumatic schematics, electrical panel build and machine wiring per electrical schematics, factory run-off, and in certain cases conduct field installations and services. The specific duties include:
- Comprehend and follow engineered assembly, electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic drawings, and bills of materials
- Proven experience in an industrial setting performing assembly and/or fabrication work
- Ability to effectively use cut-off saws, bending equipment, hand tools, drill presses, press brakes, overhead cranes, fork trucks and other commonly used manufacturing tools
- Ability to troubleshoot issues to successful resolution
- Check and clean work product and work areas
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
- Be a team player and work well with others
- Willing to take the extra steps necessary to get the job done right and on time
- Have a customer focused mentality
- Able to cross train as needed
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s and HMI’s is a plus, but not required.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Vision 20/40 with or without correction.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds occasionally without assistance.
- Stamina to work a 10 hour workday Mon to Fri, with periodic weekend overtime.
- Periodic overnight travel to customer sites for field service or work. Travel can be several days long at a time.
Education and Experience Required: High School Graduate or appropriate technical training. One to Three years of proven similar work experiences.
Non-Exempt work status, compensation is commensurate with qualifications and work experiences. EMI offers traditional benefits package, ad 401k